Noms: Meaty Layered Taco Dip
What’s this you say? A post about noms on Nails and Noms? I know, it’s a pretty rare occurrence but one of my goals for 2012 is to post delicious noms on the blog at LEAST once or twice a month from now on. Let’s hope I can stick with it! If you missed my previous noms posts (not hard, there’s only two other posts from way back… :?) you can find them by clicking the “Noms” tab above. 😀
Today I’ve got one of my favorite appetizers to share with you, meaty layered taco dip! This is seriously way too easy to throw together and there’s not really a way to mess it up. My boyfriend and I especially love the eat this when we’re in the midst of one of our epic tv series marathons made possible by instant netflix. 😉 You can serve it with your favorite ‘edible dipping apparatus’, mine being roasted black bean & garlic tortilla chips ♥ (my boyfriend likes the lime flavored ones).
A delicious work of art! If you’re not a little piggy like me you can easily feed a small crowd with this.
No particular reason for this photo, other than showing you all my suggestions for your two salsas that you use with this dish. Fire roasted tomatoes are where it’s at! 😛
Meaty Layered Taco Dip
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes | Serves: Approx. 5-6
What You Will Need:
- 1lb ground chicken (you can substitute ground turkey or ground beef)
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1/2 cup of re-fried beans
- 1/2 cup of salsa con queso
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese (taco seasoned)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- Sour cream
- Green or black olives, sliced
- Taco sauce or salsa
1. Brown your ground chicken/turkey/beef. Then add the taco seasoning, cooking according to the directions on the packet (most of them have you add water). Turn the heat down to a super low temp to keep it warm, then set aside while you work on the other ingredients.
2. Heat up the re-fried beans and your salsa con queso separately, I just zapped them in the microwave for about 30-60 seconds. You just want them to be warm and easy to spread.
3. Then layer the following ingredients into your serving dish in this order: your warm re-fried beans, then the warm queso dip, then add some of your shredded cheese (as little or as much as you like!), and finally your warm taco seasoned meat.
4. Now we’re to the fun part, adding your toppings! You can use as little or as much as your heart desires. I add my shredded lettuce first, then more shredded cheese, the diced tomatoes, green olives, and sour cream. Then I drizzled my favorite salsa all over the top, World Table’s fire roasted tomato and chipotle roja. 😀 I had a few green onions lying around so I chopped those up and added them as well, but it’s not necessary. Have fun with it!
5. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and a great show on instant netflix. 😉