Tag You’re It! – 11 Questions & Versatile Blogger Award
I don’t usually do these types of posts, but I figured why not give it a try? Mostly because I forgot to edit the photos of the manicure that I planned on posting for today, haha! Also, I think it’d be fun to give these award/questionnaire posts a try. So here it goes!
The Versatile Blogger Award
A thank you goes out to Kelly of Nailpocalypse for nominating me for this award. Check her blog out, her nail art is FAB and her cat is wearing a neck tie. Need I say more?
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated me and give them a shout out
- State 7 random facts about yourself
Pass on the award to 10-15 bloggers(skipping this part because I’m being lazy :-P)
- Post the award pic to your blog
Seven random facts about me:
- I can cross one eye. For the longest time I thought I was crossing both eyes until a friend pointed out that only one was crossed. Which is 10x cooler.
- My name is really Marie Antoinette, but almost everyone calls me Rie (a nickname that has stuck since I was a toddler). My mom is a bit of a history buff. ^_^
- I am a HUGE true crime buff and have been for over a decade. I find reading cases on Crime Library and watching endless shows on Investigation Discovery to be utterly fascinating. I regularly have mega polish swatching sessions while watching marathons of Deadly Women or Unusual Suspects on the ID Channel. My boyfriend thinks I’m a creeper.
- My favorite movies as a little girl were Firestarter and Jaws. I’ve pretty much been a horror movie fan 4-Lyfe.
- I have 4 tattoos so far: a traditional owl/skull on my left lower calf, a lotus flower on my back, a shoulder-to-shoulder chest piece with characters from one of my favorite comics by Roman Dirge – Lenore and Mr. Gosh, and a GIGANTIC side piece that spans from my knee up to my ribcage of a phoenix. I love them all and want more! ♥
- I love juice. A LOT. I can down a gallon of juice in less than 30 minutes. It’s kinda scary how much I love juice. I especially love orange juice. Don’t get between me and my juice, son!
- I have two nails on my right thumb. I smashed it in a car door when I was a kid and the nail broke off halfway, then a new nail grew over that one and the two fused together. You can’t tell when they’re painted but when I have naked nails you can plainly see that the lunula on that nail is split in half and fused.
11 Questions Tag
I was tagged for this one by my fellow nerd Sarah of Samarium’s Swatches. Thanks girl! I have to answer 11 questions that she created for all the people she tagged, so here it goes!
1. If you could have one superpower/”gift” what would it be and why?
I think I would like the ability to turn grains of rice into legitimate currency. Then I could take care of all my student debt, buy a house and car for all my friends and family, and never have to worry about money again. Oh buy ALLLLL of the nail polish! Muahahahahaaaaaaaaa…. *cough*
2. If you had to have the same polish on for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
Oh geez, hit me with a hard question here. If I had to wear one polish for the rest of my life I think it’d be China Glaze’s Wagon Trail. Or RBL’s IKB:2012… Or Nfu Oh #51… Ugh, please don’t make me choose!!
3. What is your all time favorite book or Author?
This changes often, but currently my favorite author is George R. R. Martin, the writer for the A Song of Ice and Fire epic fantasy series. I’m currently on book five (A Dance With Dragons) and I don’t know what I’m going to do with my time once I finish it and I have to wait for the last two books of the series to be created.
I think I want to change my super power to willing GRRM to finish the series faster.
4. If you could choose to change anything about yourself, whether it be physical or just to better yourself as a person, what would you change?
I wish I was more organized and less forgetful. I have 8374.6 plans but about 8370.1 of them slip my mind before I can follow through!
5. If you had to live in a movie, tv show or video game which would you choose to exist in!?
While my favorite video game series ever is Silent Hill, that is NOT a world I would want to live in. Yeesh. I think I’d like to live in the Sims 3 world (with all the expansion packs). But only if I had a cooking skill of 6 or higher.
6. What do you feel is the best quality you possess?
I believe that my ability to persevere over extreme obstacles is my best quality. Life isn’t easy and I’ve been through some trials and tribulations, but I always bounce back strong.
7. How would you spend your last day on earth if you knew when that day was?
I would spend the day surrounded my the people I love, and weep over all the nail polish I’d never be able to wear again.
8. If you had a chance to meet anybody (alive or dead) who would you meet?
9. What is your favorite dessert?
Ooooooh shiiiiiit.. Um, I love desert of any kind except for chocolate. I hate chocolate. Anyway, I think if I had to name a favorite it would be cheesecake of any kind. Well, any kind but chocolate. Chocolate can basically GTFO. Exception is made for the chocolate Joanne sent me from Blackpool, because it’s delicious!
I also love my grandma’s 7-Up cake and peach cobbler. SO good!
10. What is your all time fav band?
If I had to name a favorite band it would definitely be Death Cab For Cutie. I discovered them in 2005-2006 and never looked back. I love them so much and it’s my life dream to be able to see them play live some day. ^_^
11. Do you have a weird quirk, or something a little strange that you do? What is it!? (lol I twitch, and snort haha)
I hiccup. Several times a day, throughout the entire day. I think I get a ‘regular’ case of hiccups where I have to hold my breath to make them stop only about 3-4 times a year. Otherwise I’ll have one or two hiccups in a row and that’s it for the hour. Wash, rinse, repeat. I’ve had these random hiccups since I was 12. When I’m stressed or nervous I hiccup more.
That’s it for today, I hope you enjoyed learning some strange things about my little world. ^_^
I’m not going to tag anyone, but if anyone wants to answer these questions or list 7 facts about yourselves in comments I’d love to read them!