Archive for August, 2012
I hope you’re having a great Saturday! I was under the weather yesterday so I’m hoping that today I’ll be operating at max capacity so I can get my Guild Wars on some more. ^_^ Here’s this weeks Beauty Blog Coalition Roundup for you all to enjoy.
- Clarisonic has just released a new Acne Cleansing Set. For more information, and a chance to win your own, head over to Blushing Basics.
- NARS re-launched their Eyeliner Stylo line with new colors and formula. The Stepford Witch reviews and swatches these for you!
- Retrodiva’s Beauty checks out Neutrogena’s new Shine Control primer, foundation, and powder. See if it really does keep the shine at bay.
- Cosmetically Challenged has chosen her favorites from the China Glaze Bohemian Collection. Did any of your faves’ make the cut?
- Alison of the Advice Sisters wants to tell you why she’s in love with Dimitri James (not actually the MAN, whom she’s never met, but definitely his SKINN Cosmetics). The Perfect Palette is your perfect travel companion.
- Destany at Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom thought she was losing her mind recently when she forgot the Deborah Lippmann True Blood nail polish she was wearing was scented…
- Emily Hudspeth is Bringing the Beauty to You! Getting great deals and having great hair are 2 things that most girls love. See these great L’Oreal products that Emily scored and how she liked them.
- Do you wear makeup to the gym? BeautyTidbits shares her opinion on troweling on cosmetics before a workout session.
- Connie from Mimi’s Mani’s shares the anti-aging benefits and her love for Dalton Cosmetics.
- Making Up the Midwest found the perfect yellow nail polish just in time for the transition to fall!
- Stephanie Louise- All Things Beautiful swatches the 4 new shades from the Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo line for fall…which are must-haves?
- Discover an arsenal of beauty goodies that will keep your look bullet proof and that travel well! Mama Fashionista shares her tools for Beauty On The Go!
- Who doesn’t love a good beauty bargain? Christina from Curls N Pearls shares her latest makeup counter savings discovery.
- Grab the men in your house! LuminousLacquer’s fiance shares his thoughts on August’s BirchBox Man!
- TheFabZilla discovers an eye makeup remover that’s natural, paraben-free and cruelty- free from an organic food store. Find out if it’s a yay or nay.
- The Beauty Professor took the recently-released Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation on vacation…read all about her pleasant surprise!
- Glitter.Gloss.Garbage is giving away two Eclos Anti-aging skincare sets!
- BeautyJudy swatches and reviews the summer collection of a new, fashion-based nail polish brand, LVX.
- Rie from Nails and Noms would like to introduce you to Takko Lacquer, a new indie polish brand that has a gorgeous range of shimmer, jelly, and duochrome polishes!
- Lipgloss Break and Alberto VO5 are giving away a huge hair care prize package. Enter to win!
- Make Up For Ever hits the spot with their lasting lip colors, Aqua Rouge. Beauty Info Zone has two of the these beauties to share with you.
- Blushing Noir swatches the new Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge to prove that a hot red lip CAN last all day!
- Scottish Beauty Blog caught up with amazing Ana Cruzalegui and her team backstage at this year’s Edinburgh International Fashion Festival and what a makeup extravaganza it was!
- Fall calls for dark, rich hues! See how Phyrra used Manic Panic Voodoo Blue & Purple Haze to change her hair for Fall.
- Ro’s Raving about Fevour Cosmetics, a new mineral cruelty free cosmetics line.
- Lola from Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog has found THE Holy Grail face oil- Sponge Ladi Avokanto is heavenly, Cruelty-Free, and a healthy must-have miracle worker in a bottle!
- Oh So Lacquered tries her first Sephora by OPI polish and is completely obsessed with this turquoise glitterfest!
- Sheila from Painted Ladies takes you on a tour of the mascaras featured on the blog recently. Which mascara is the best?
- Is your hair dry and unruly? Then the new Smooth Lock line from Redken might just be for you. Pammy Blogs Beauty tames her long, dry, highlighted locks with this great new line!
- Laura from My Newest Addiction Beauty Blog swoons over the holo sparkles in an Island Girl nail polish.
- Starting blogging but don’t know what you should do? Cosmetics Aficionado shows you 5 blogging changes you can make today.
- Ashley from Peek & Ponder shares a frosty purple eye makeup look and shows each step it took to create it.
- Have you tried Pomegranate nail lacquer yet? Nidia at Lit from Within does her interpretation of the ‘claw’ nail art with Blue Screen of Death and Cyberspace.
- Miss L from Beauty by Miss L reviewed Institut Arnaud Youthful Radiance Day Cream SPF5 that is for women in the age of 25-35 who wish to fight against the first signs of ageing.
- Polarbelle finds a vacation in a palette with the NYX Be Free Palette; nearly everything you need in one box.
Happy Guild Wars Early Access Weekend for those that also pre-purchased the game like I did! I’ve been waiting for this game to release since I first heard about them making it back in 2007! I was a huge fan of the first Guild Wars, and I’ve been enjoying all the Beta Weekend and Stress Test events for GW2 for the past few months. I might be a little quiet online for the next four days because I’ll be thoroughly lost in the wonderful world of Tyria. I’ve scheduled posts through next week!
If anyone else will be playing this weekend, come find me in-game! My Guild Wars ID Tag is Nymeria4326. ^_^
And now back to the polish! I posted nail wheel swatches of these Glitter Gal nail polishes a loooooong time ago on Instagram. I’ve yet to actually swatch them on my nails, but in the meantime I hope you enjoy the bottle shots! ^_^
Glitter Gal Nail Polish
From Left to Right:
Wild Violet Brilliant
Last Light Brilliant
Red Night Sky Brilliant
Fiery Furnace Brilliant
I layered these all over Serpent Black when I swatched them on the nail wheel and they are really pretty! I will eventually get around to swatching them on my nails in the not-so-distant future.
You can see who stocks Glitter Gal in your area by checking out the Glitter Gal Store Locator on their website. ^_^
* The product(s) in this post were sent to me for unbiased review consideration.
I completely blame Stephanie from Imperfectly Painted for this polish finding its way into my clutches. She featured it on her blog a few months back and it was love at first sight. Then she told me where to buy it online and it was a done deal.
Sally Hansen Arabian Night
Sally Hansen Arabian Night is a polish from their Salon Nail Lacquer line that was originally released back in 2008. I liked polish back then but not the way that I do now where I actively looked at polish while I was out shopping. I’m kicking myself now because I would have had some GREAT polishes in my IKEA Helmer if I’d started my collection in those days.
Arabian Night is an absolutely gorgeous grape purple shade that’s filled with golden shimmer. Words cannot express how much I love it! It has a great formula and it was opaque in 2 coats. Just look at that macro shot, it’s bursting with golden shimmer goodness! ^_^
Sadly, you can’t find Sally Hansen Arabian Night in stores anymore… And now that I think of it I really haven’t seen anything as amazing as Arabian Night from their Salon Nail Lacquer line in quite some time. The good news is that you can still find Arabian Night for a good price online at Cassie Cosmetics or their sister site on eBay.
I love discovering older gems like this. What are some of your favorite older/vintage polishes?
I’ve got a swatches from an Indie polish brand that’s new to me to share with you all today. We’ll be taking a look at the Lilacquer Polishes Fifth Element collection! When I was first contacted by Lilacquer Polishes and asked if I wanted to review her Fifth Element collection I friggen JUMPED at the chance to get my hands on these babies! For one, I’m a gigantic nerd. And two, The Fifth Element is one of my absolute favorite movies of all time!
So basically if it’s a nail polish and it’s named after a fandom I love, imma need that polish son.
Cathleen, the owner of Lilacquer Polishes, specializes in duochrome polish and top coats. This was another reason I was quite interested in her collection. The Indie/Independent polish world is absolutely flooded with glitter polishes, so I love discovering Indie brands with something different to offer.
The Fifth Element collection is a set of 8 sheer and jelly (!!!) topcoat polishes that can be worn on their own or layered over another polish to enhance the duochrome effect. I’ll be showing you each nail polish on its own and layered over A England Camelot (a black creme).
For the full swatches and review, click the link below. I used Cult Nails Get It On and Wicked Fast base/top coat today.
I’m back today with my last batch of OPI Fall 2012 swatches. This time we’ll be looking at the Designer Series polishes, DS Luxurious and DS Indulgence. I was excited about these two from the press release because ORANGE!!!
OMG y’all, these two polishes are absolutely fabulous! I used Cult Nails Get It On and Wicked Fast base/top coat for my swatches today.
For the full swatches and review, click the link below. ^_^
Cirque All Hallow’s Eve Collection
Inspired by traditional colors and imagery, Cirque is releasing a small collection of Halloween-themed nail polishes.
The two limited edition colors include a radiant glow-in-the-dark and an edgy black glitter; both meant to complement one another or be worn with other colors.
An orange glow-in-the-dark polish with a translucent (jelly) finish
A chunky black glitter polish in a clear base
The All Hallow’s Eve collection will be released September 3, 2012. They can be purchased on the Cirque website and will retail for $12.
Creator, Annie Pham, sought to develop nail polish colors that transcend those of conventional brands. By experimenting with unique pigments and raw materials, a distinctive handcrafted product was born. Cirque nail polish is 3-Free, which means it does not contain toluene, formaldehyde and dibutyl phthalate.
*Photo’s courtesy of Cirque Colors & Annie Pham
I’m here to show you swatches for the OPI Germany collection for Fall 2012! I really enjoy OPI’s regional themed collections, though I STILL need to swatch the Holland collection from this past spring. I’m a slow poke. Anyway, this collection is made up of 6 creme polishes and 6 shimmers.
I used Cult Nails Get In On base coat and Wicked Fast top coat for all my swatches show here today.
Photos behind the jump! Speaking of which, do you all prefer pictures behind the cut when it’s a larger collection like this? Or would you all rather have all the photos out in the open without a photo jump?
Today I’ve got the Nicole by OPI Target Exclusives for Fall 2012 to share with you all, and these polishes are absolutely GORGEOUS!
I’m not even gonna do a huge intro here, let’s get straight to the pretties! I used Cult Nails Get It On and Wicked Fast as my base coat and top coat today.
Photos after the jump!
Well I’ve been hanging onto this post for… a LONG time. I was provided with this collection by both Lynnderella and Leah Ann, and then… er… well… Some events took place that made me shelf this review for a month. And if you don’t know what happened, then count yourself as lucky because it was a bit of a clusterf*ck.
Anyway, I decided to finally share these swatches with everyone because when it comes down to it the polishes are really quite gorgeous. And for those that are still interested in the Lynnderella Sweet Somethings Collection, I wanted to show you how the polishes look and how they applied. This post is HUGE. There are 13 polishes in this collection and this will be picture heavy, so you’ve been warned!!
I used Models Own 3-In-1 as my basecoat and Lynnderella Glitter Tamer and China Glaze Fast Forward as my topcoat for all the swatches shown here today. Now let’s get started!
It’s been a while since I last posted a Weekly Roundup! Please enjoy these articles by my fellow members of the Beauty Blog Coalition! ^_^ (updated, I posted the wrong one previously. :-P)
- Making Up the Midwest reviews Maybelline’s The Mega Plush Volum’ Express Mascara – her new favorite!
- Add trendy colors you covet, to your lashes.Until the end of August only, Maybelline New York Great Lash Mascara is being offered in FOUR Limited Edition shades – Go Go Green, Blink of Blue, Totally Teal and Pop of Purple. The Advice Sisters check them out, and report!
- Enter BeautyTidbits giveaway to win a cool ULINX Magnetic Charm Bracelet.
- Retrodiva doesn’t allow any heat to touch her hair for 30 days. Find out what she used to tame all that frizz at Retrodiva’s Beauty.
- The Stepford Witch reviews The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Foundation – read on to find out what she loves and doesn’t love about this product.
- Emily, from Emily Hudspeth hair design and makeup artist has seen great results from Viviscal Hair Repair. Emily has been using this supplement for about 6 weeks and is seeing incredible results. Its almost time for another haircut and she just cut off about 8 inches!
- Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom tries Cover Band Sticks ‘n Stones over a few different bases.
- There are affordable and fabulous new beauty products at CVS. Here are two of my favorites!
- Laura at My Newest Addiction Beauty Blog tries out products that hold the secrets to Geisha-like skin!
- Hand-made and based in Scotland, Scottish Beauty Blog catches up with makeup artist Ana Cruzalegui, the lady behind amazing false eyelash brand WE ARE FAUX.
- Lola from Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog has Determined that My Weightless Eye Cream is one of the Best Beauty Secrets that Everyone Needs to Know about!
- Phyrra loves the gorgeous Fall 2012 Beauty Trends this year. Which ones are your favorite?
- So you cried a river last night and you have to go to work (or school) today. TheFabZilla shares tricks on how to hide signs of over-crying, a.k.a Makeup after a Breakup.
- Miss L from Beauty by Miss L reviewed eco-friendly Derma E makeup remover this week, which is now one of her new favorite makeup remover.
- BeautyJudy stopped by the Orly booth at Cosmoprof North America last month and saw lots of nail BLING!
- The Lacquered Lady shows off OPI Danke-Shiny Red from the new Germany collection and goes on a dupe search. Will there be a perfect polish match?
- Everyone needs eyeshadow primer! Sheila from Painted Ladies shows you why in the latest Breaking Down Beauty.
- Midnight Manicures is giving away Sea Lore Nail Polishes from the Triton’s Daughters Collection. Tell us which one is your favorite and enter to win!
- The NARS Joie de Vivre palette is all kinds of awesome. Cosmetics Aficionado has drool worthy photos and a full review.
- Butter London’s Autumn/Winter 2012 nail polish collection is out! Check out a preview from Christina at Curls N Pearls – what’s your favorite shade?
- Addicted to “monthly” members-only beauty sample subscriptions? Pammy Blogs Beauty sure is! Just for a change, she tries out JustFab: a monthly boutique shopping site for cute and trendy shoes, handbags, and accessories. Cute stuff for a great price!
- Mama Fashionista loves Julep so much she wants to give you a code so you can try it out for A PENNY! Plus she’s giving away an introductory box!
- Beauty Info Zone has another great giveaway. This time you can win 4 fab goodies from Miracle Skin Transformer.
- Hello Dollface tests some great new shampoos and ends up with bigger, blonder, softer hair. Check out the best new haircare here!
- Always a fan of neutral wash of color, the Beauty Professor is thrilled to have discovered Beauty Is Life’s matte eye shadow in Camel!
- While still enjoying summer till it winds down and fall fast approaching, Mimi’s Mani’s shares some Zoya love with Kimber from this summer’s Surf collection.
- Polarbelle shows you what blogging was like before blogs…doing it Caveman Style!
- Still lemming Unicorn Pee? Nidia at Lit From Within shows you a few dupes from some Indie polish makers that might just do the trick.
- Stephanie Louise-All Things Beautiful FINALLY duped her beloved MAC shadow in Humid…with a low cost option! Click for swatches & comparison!
- Clarisonic has just released a new Acne Cleansing Set. For more information, and a chance to win your own, head over to Blushing Basics.